I. Part 1
1. Contact details of the controller
This website is operated by HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft, Alfredstraße 236, 45133 Essen, Tel. 0201 824-0, Fax 0201 824-2777, email@example.com (hereinafter „HOCHTIEF“ or „we“). HOCHTIEF is also the controller of all data processing activities in connection with this website pursuant to Art. 4 no. 7 GDPR.
2. Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
HOCHTIEF has appointed a Data Protection Officer whom you can contact at any time regarding all questions on the subject of data protection at the address of the controller with the addition of "The Data Protection Officer" or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Data processing activities when visiting the website
a) Processed personal data
uring (purely informational) visits to our website, we collect so-called log data (hereinafter "log data"). This is a data record (also called server log files) that is only temporarily stored by us. The data record contains the following data:
- IP address
- Browser characteristics
- Details of the operating system
- Displayed website(s)
When you use our employment website, we collect the personal data you provide voluntarily. These are basically dependent on the respective function that you use on our employment website. This includes the following personal data (hereinafter "applicant data"):
- If you apply for a position advertised by us and send us your resume, the following information about you will be stored in our applicant database:
- Contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.)
- Description of your work experience, skills and education
- If you add other electronically stored documents to your application, such as cover letters, references, application photo, etc., we will also store these in our applicant database
- If you create an application profile with us and apply for a specific or an initiative position in the process, you can use the online application form to create your personal resume by entering your profile in the query masks provided. In this case, we store all the data you enter electronically in our applicant database. They are available there for HOCHTIEF to retrieve.
When ordering our publications (magazine "concepts"), we collect the following data (hereinafter referred to as "order data"):
- Employer, in case you provide your work address
b) Purpose and legal basis
- Log data:
- Log data is processed for statistical purposes as well as to improve the quality of our offer, in particular the stability and security of the connection, and thus serves our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR).
- Applicant data:
- Application for an advertised position: If you apply for a specific job posting, we will review your documents for this position. The corresponding processing serves the possible initiation of an employment relationship with HOCHTIEF (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR as well as Sec. 26 para. 1 p. 1 of the German Federal Data Protection Act).
- Creating an application profile: If you create an application profile with us without reference to a specific job posting, the collection and processing of your personal data may also serve to prepare for a possible employment relationship (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR and Sec. 26 para. 1 p. 1 of the German Federal Data Protection Act). Otherwise, your personal data will be processed for the execution of the underlying user contract with us via our applicant database (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR).
- Review of your documents for other positions within our group: If a position for which you are applying has already been filled, or if we see another opportunity, or if you have not applied for a specific position, we will be happy to review your application for various opportunities within the HOCHTIEF Group as well as within the subsidiaries including companies with minority interests of the Group in other European countries. The corresponding examination serves our legitimate interest in filling vacancies with persons who have already shown an interest in our Group by submitting an application (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR). However, your personal data will only be transferred to the respective subsidiary if you have given us your consent to do so (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR).
- Order data:
- The processing of order data is carried out for the fulfillment of the contract with you or the implementation of pre-contractual measures in this context (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR).
c) Retention period(s)
All personal data is deleted as soon as its processing is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Insofar as statutory retention obligations apply, the data will be deleted after expiry of the respective retention period. Otherwise, the following deletion periods apply:
- Log data: Eleven days after your visit.
- Applicant data: After completion of the application process within six months. If your application is still of interest for further positions after completion of an application procedure, we will continue to store it in our database with your consent and delete it after a further six months, unless you have given us your consent to store it beyond this time.
- Ordering data: Directly after shipment of the publication.
d) Recipients of your personal data
Data will only be passed on if this is necessary. Recipients of the data are:
- Applicant data: Your resume may be viewed by the HR department and the relevant specialist department of the HOCHTIEF company in question. In addition, the application documents you submit may be forwarded within the Group's subsidiaries in other European countries, provided you have consented to such forwarding. In order to be able to offer you our employment website, we work together with an external service provider. This is Lumesse Ltd. (hereinafter "Lumesse"), a subsidiary of the Cornerstone Group, based in Poland. Insofar as Lumesse obtains access to your personal data in connection with the service, this is done on the basis of a contract processing agreement exclusively in accordance with our instructions.
- Order data: Your order data will only be viewed by employees who are required to view it in order to process the order. Insofar as external service providers such as transport companies (postal consignments) are used, they will also receive your order data to the extent necessary.
- All data: Your data will be passed on to state institutions or supervisory authorities (e.g. competent data protection supervisory authority, public prosecutor's office, etc.) insofar as we are subject to a legal obligation to pass it on. Otherwise, data will only be forwarded to other recipients if you have given us your express prior consent.
4. No data transfer to third countries
A transfer of personal data to recipients in third countries outside the European Economic Area is not intended.
5. Your Rights
You have the following rights under the GDPR with respect to our processing of your personal data:
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of the processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object to processing
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future
To exercise your aforementioned rights, you can contact us or our data protection officer at any time using the contact details above. In addition, you can complain about our processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority at any time.
II. Part 2
On our website, we currently only use technically necessary cookies or cookies that do not process personal data. The use of these cookies is in our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR). They are necessary to present our website to you and to enable you to use it securely.
We also use services from etracker to analyze usage data (device identification, browser characteristics, operating system details, language settings, referring URLs, duration of visits, pages viewed). Since the privacy of our visitors is particularly important to us, etracker anonymizes the IP address as early as possible and converts login or device identifiers at etracker to a unique key that is not assigned to a person. The data is processed exclusively by our web administration and etracker and exclusively for the purposes specified by us. No other use is made of the data, nor is it merged with other data or passed on to third parties. The etracker cookie we use therefore does not contain any information that could be used to identify a user.
The data generated with etracker is processed and stored by etracker on behalf of HOCHTIEF exclusively in Germany and is thus subject to the strict German and European data protection laws and standards. etracker has been independently audited, certified and awarded the data protection seal of approval in this regard.
You can object to the aforementioned data processing at any time by clicking here, insofar as it is personal. Your objection will not have any adverse consequences for you. You can find more information about data protection at etracker by clicking here.
When you visit our employment website, we also use a cookie that stores how far you have progressed in the application process. This information enables us to identify weaknesses in our application process and optimize it based on these findings. However, the cookie does not contain any personal data and cannot be assigned to an individual person.
You can see the cookies we use in the table below:
|tx_cookies_accepted||HOCHTIEF||Query whether IR disclaimer has been confirmed.||1 day|
|et_scroll_depth||HOCHTIEF||Registers whether the website's scroll depth detection is active. This feature keeps track of how far the user has scrolled across the website's web pages in the current session.||Session|
|The following cookies are set exclusively when using the shopping cart function:|
|title-NNNNNN||HOCHTIEF||Title of the document in the shopping cart.||1 year|
|imsid-NNNNNN||HOCHTIEF||Unique document ID that represents the document in the shopping cart.||1 year|
|cartimsid-NNNNNN||HOCHTIEF||Unique document ID that represents the document in the shopping cart.||1 year|
|The following cookies are set exclusively when using the employment website/job search:|
|AWSALB, AWSALBCORS||Lumesse||Registers which server cluster is serving the visitor. This is used in the context of load balancing to optimize the user experience.||1 week|
|lumesse.apply.countryCodes.#||Lumesse||Identifies the version of the country list, effectively identifies the content of the cached country list (used when running the application process).||Persistent|
|lumesse.apply.version.#||Lumesse||Optimization of load time of Application Process (stores sorted list of countries in given language = xx-YY, like en-GB).||Persistent|
1. Provision of general data and information
HOCHTIEF makes every effort to ensure that the information and data contained on this website are correct. HOCHTIEF reserves the right to modify or supplement the information or data provided without prior notice.
2. Contractual relations
HOCHTIEF enables users of its websites to also access the websites of partner enterprises. The HOCHTIEF websites therefore contain hyperlinks to the websites of third-party service providers. Users of HOCHTIEF websites enter into a contractual relationship with the respective service provider through the use of its services. The corresponding terms and conditions of this service provider are then applicable. The legal and textual responsibility for the services offered on the pages of the partner enterprises lies solely with the respective partner enterprise whose website can be called up via the hochtief.com homepage.
If the services of a service provider are used, contractual relationships are formed exclusively between the respective partner enterprise and the user according to the terms applicable for this contractual relationship.
The information which we provide to you on the HOCHTIEF websites has been collated with the greatest possible care and is updated on an ongoing basis. Despite our best efforts, however, the absence of errors cannot be guaranteed. No liability shall be accepted nor any guarantee given with regard to the currency, correctness or completeness of the information and data provided.
Despite every effort to monitor content, we accept no liability for the content of external links. The operators of such linked pages are exclusively responsible for their content. Moreover HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft accepts no responsibility for the data protection measures taken by the operator of such websites.
The content of the HOCHTIEF websites is protected by copyright. The copying, dissemination, storage, reproduction and transmission of all information or data, particularly the use of texts, parts of texts or images, or other works published on the websites, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft. The texts and images in the "Press" area which are provided expressly for distribution are exempted.
5. Applicable law
All information or data, their use, the log-in to the HOCHTIEF websites as well as any associated action, inaction or omission are subject exclusively to German law. The place of jurisdiction is Essen.
HOCHTIEF Aktiengesellschaft 2021, Essen